Nobody likes to be at a wedding where the dance floor is dead, and having a less-than-stellar dance floor is a common concern among couples who are planning their wedding. And while you can’t physically make people get up and dance, there are some things you can do to make it easier for people to want to leave their chair and cut a rug. In today’s blog, we share some tips for packing the dance floor at your wedding.
How To Get People To Dance At Your Wedding
Here’s a look at some tips to ensure your dance floor is full of wedding guests all night long.
- Let Them Help With The Playlist – If you’re not sure which songs people are excited to get up and dance to, ask for their input! It’s becoming more common for engaged couples to include a song request spot on their RSVPs so that their guests can write down a song that will get them out on the dance floor. Write down some more of the popular answers and give them to your DJ ahead of time.
- Taking Requests At The Venue – Consider providing a place for guests to request songs at the DJ station at your wedding. You can also work with the DJ to fasttrack songs from bridesmaids or groomsmen if you choose, because these people tend to have a good feel for what will get the crowd dancing. Requests don’t have to be played immediately, but if the DJ is looking to change things up a bit, they can reference the request list.
- Book A Professional DJ – Some people want to put together a playlist on Pandora or Spotify and just let the music shuffle all night, but oftentimes it’s helpful to have a professional handling the music who can read the crowd and keep injecting life into the dance floor. At Entourage Events Group, we can help with sound, AV production and connect you with a DJ who has been awesome at events we’ve worked on in the past. Having a professional on the mic and handling the music will go a long way in helping keep your dance floor packed all night.
- Look Up Popular Wedding Dance Songs – If you’re wondering what songs will get people dancing all night, head to Google and search for popular wedding reception songs. For example, you can’t go wrong with “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston, “Marry You” by Bruno Mars or “I Gotta Feeling” by the Black Eyed Peas. If you’d prefer Oldies or Country songs, just add that to your Google search and you’ll have plenty of great songs to choose from.
- Avoid Disrupting The Flow – Be careful about disrupting the flow of the dance scene with activities or events that will have people clearing the floor. During the middle of a fun reception isn’t the best time to stop the party to watch a slideshow or for the couple to be quizzed on the dance floor about how well they know each other. Try to avoid activities that get everyone off the dance floor, or plan them so as to avoid prime dance time.
- Set An Example – Finally, we know that you have a lot of obligations on your wedding day, but set a good example and be out on the dance floor as much as possible. Tell your bridal party to do the same! If people want to talk to you or congratulate you on your big day, let them come find you on the dance floor. Guests are much more likely to get out on the dance floor if the happy couple and a bunch of their friends are having a great time dancing!
Let the team at Entourage Events Group help get your dance floor rocking! For more information, or to set up a walkthrough at one of our venues, give our team a call today at (612) 564-3777.