One of the many great things about living in the Twin Cities is that there is no shortage of beautiful wedding venues to choose from when planning your wedding. We’re confident you’ll be able to find the perfect wedding venue for your big day, but at the same time, when you have all these options to choose from, it can be hard to figure out which venue is best for you. This sentiment rings even truer when you consider that you probably don’t have a lot of experience choosing a wedding venue, so you may not know what things to look for or which features are a must have.
Everyone has different styles and tastes when it comes to their wedding venue, but in today’s blog, we want to share a few things that all brides and grooms will want to consider before they sign a contract with a venue.
Factors To Consider For Your Wedding Venue
Here’s a look at five things you and your future spouse will want to consider when choosing a wedding venue.
- Can They Accommodate Your Date? – First things first, you have to make sure that the venue is available on the day you’re targeting for your wedding. If they are already booked on your dream wedding day, there’s not much you can do. Unless the specific day has meaning to the couple, it’s easier to see what days are available at the venue and pick your wedding day from what’s available instead of trying to pick a specific weekend and hoping that the venue is open on that day. This is especially true if you’re trying to book less than a year out.
- Consider Your Guest List – You don’t need to have your full guest list in order before you book your venue, but it’s a good idea to get a ballpark estimate of how many people you intend to invite and how many you think will attend. Will all guests get a plus one? Will kids be invited? Start thinking about how many people you expect to attend, because that may impact your venue options. Some more intimate venues can only handle a set number of people, and if you book before you really think about your guest list, you may have to trim the list down further than you initially hoped.
- Inside/Outside Ceremony – Do you hope to get married while the sun shines on your face and the birds chirp in the distance, or do you want to get married inside a beautifully decorated wedding hall? Start thinking about whether you want the ceremony to take place indoors or outdoors, and if you want an outdoor ceremony, be sure to have a backup plan in place in case the weather doesn’t comply. We have a number of venues like The Grand 1858 and The Riverside that can accommodate indoor or outdoor ceremonies based on the weather that day.
- Ease Of Access – It’s also a good idea to consider how easy it is for your guests to get to and from the venue. Parking isn’t always easy to find in the Twin Cities, and while you may be able to set up a shuttle service from your hotel, it pays to give some thought to how easy it will be for your guests to get to and from the venue. A lot of our venues have on-site parking or are very close to popular hotel choices, meaning your guests won’t have to make special arrangements to get to your wedding or get home when the fun is done.
- Budget – Finally, it only makes sense to have a budget in mind before you agree to a contract with any wedding venue. Your wedding venue may be one of your first expenses during the wedding planning process, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give it plenty of thought before you pick a venue. At Entourage Events Group, we can help walk you through our pricing options and explain how going with an event’s service that can help with other aspects of your wedding can save you a lot of time and money down the road. We can help you find a venue that suits your budget and your vision.
If you do these five things, we’re confident that you’ll be happy with your wedding venue selection. And if you’d like help with this process or just want to learn more about the beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces we have available, click here to set up a walk through or give our team a call at (612) 564-3777.