When your big day finally arrives, you’re going to need a place to get ready before you and your spouse walk down the aisle and say your vows. Getting ready off site and then driving to your venue can cause issues for your arrival time, not to mention your hair and wardrobe. That’s why so many people look for a venue with on-site bride and groom suites.
But once you’ve picked a location with a bride and groom suite, what should you know about making sure the rooms are ready for you and your attendants on your wedding day? We share some tips for organizing and arraigning your bride and groom suite in today’s blog.
What To Have In Your Bride And Groom Suites
When you book one of our venues that has bride and groom suites, we’ll give you a tour of the area and walk you through some of the ways guests have utilized the space in the past. With that in mind, here are some helpful ideas for organizing your bride and groom suites on your wedding day.
- Snacks – Stock the room with some snacks so that people can easily grab something if they get hungry. With so much going on with hair, makeup and outfits, it can be easy to overlook eating like you normally would. Make sure your attendants aren’t doing everything on an empty stomach by bringing some snacks into each suite. Just be sure to avoid greasy or messy foods that could cause problems if one of your groomsmen is a sloppy eater!
- Hydrate – Similarly, make sure that your attendants can easily stay hydrated. Water is a great option, but others like to bring in coffee, especially if they are at the venue early in the morning to get their hair and makeup done. It’s going to be a long fun day, make sure you and your attendants are hydrated.
- Alcohol Is Your Choice – Nobody wants their attendants to be inebriated before the ceremony, but a number of our couples have done a light mimosa bar to help kick off the celebration. You know your attendants better than anyone, so use your best judgment when it comes to alcohol before the ceremony.
- Music – A little music can help set the mood for the day and help to calm any nerves. A bluetooth speaker and a smartphone are perfect additions to your bride and groom suites.
- An Amenities Basket – If you have an aunt or an in-law that really wants to help with the wedding but you’re unsure of what task to assign them, have them prepare a little amenities basket for the bride and groom suites. Have them stocked with useful tools that just might save the day in a pinch. Things like tissues, wet wipes, breath mints, a lint roller, bobby pins, tums, tampons, floss, moisturizer, band-aids and chapstick are great things to have on hand on your wedding day.
- Phone Charger – You probably won’t be on your phone much during your wedding, but your attendants may be snapping pictures, playing music or helping coordinate others, and that can drain a phone battery quickly. Bring a phone charger and let people know that it’s fair game to charge their phone while everyone is getting ready.
We want your wedding day to be perfect, and that starts before you say I do when you and your attendants are getting ready. Choose one of our stunning venues and get ready in our on-site bride and groom suites with ease. To get a glimpse of some of our bride and groom suites, click the link, and for more information about booking a venue or scheduling a tour, head on over to our contact page!